We offer at-home music lessons
for the following instruments:
30 Minute Lesson*
avg. $30 per lesson
45 Minute Lesson
avg. $45 per lesson
60 Minute Lesson
avg. $60 per lesson
Policies & Procedures
- We offer a rolling registration throughout the year, so you can register at any time.
- Before we recommend a teacher, we like to meet with the student first for an assessment. This allows us to match them with the best possible teacher based on their goals, interests, abilities, and learning style.
- We have a minimum registration of 2 months, and require 30-days notice to discontinue lessons.
- Music lessons continue into the summer and Spring Break. If you are wishing to take time off lessons during these times, simply provide the office with 30-days notice to avoid any billing charges.
- In partnership with an anonymous local business we are able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships.
- Families must be able to demonstrate low income and / or hardship to qualify.
- Scholarships will be reviewed quarterly. Students must maintain and be able to demonstrate a minimum of 30 minutes for 4 days each week to continue to qualify for the scholarship.
- If you believe that your family would benefit from and qualify for a scholarship, please email us at email@example.com
- We offer lessons throughout the week from Monday to Saturday. Lessons are scheduled to take place at the same time each week, except on stat holidays and Christmas break
- Although we offer 30 minute lessons, they come with an additional surcharge of $5 per visit. This goes towards compensating our instructors for the extra travel costs incurred from travelling to teach these shorter lessons. There is no additional surcharge added to 45 and 60 minute lessons.
- A parent or guardian over the age of 18 must be home for the duration of all lessons involving minors. If an adult is not present, the teacher is required to leave and that day’s lesson is forfeit. Parents are welcome, but not required to observe any or all of the lessons at their discretion.
Scheduling and Individual Lesson Cancellation Policy
- Lesson times are the same every week.
- If you need to cancel an upcoming lesson, please request all lesson cancellations here.
- Cancelled lessons are non-refundable, but we will provide an opportunity to make them up if given enough notice. Each student may be eligible for up to, but not exceeding a maximum of 2 make-up lessons each school year. If the student chooses not to make-up the lessons, the lessons will be considered forfeit.
a. These cancellations can be for any reason (sickness/vacation/etc.).
b. We require a minimum of 72 hours notice for a lesson cancellation (except in the case of sickness). Any cancellations made after that time will be counted as a “no-show”, and will not be eligible for a make-up lesson.
c. In the case of sickness, if you are unable to give 72 hours notice, but you or the Resound office staff (see office hours above) are able to reach the teacher before the lesson begins, the lesson will be eligible for 1 of the 2 allowable make-up lessons for the year. If you or the office staff are unable to reach the teacher before the lesson begins, the lesson will not be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- In the rare event that a teacher is not available to teach a scheduled lesson due to sickness, extreme weather, etc. and we are not able to provide a suitable substitute teacher, we will try to reschedule the lesson for another time that is convenient for you.
- Occasionally students forget about a lesson and are not home at the scheduled time. The teacher will wait at the students’ home for half of the length of the lesson before leaving. If the student shows up within that time, the teacher will teach the remainder of the lesson. Otherwise, the lesson is considered a “no-show”.
- Due to the nature of traveling between student’s homes, please expect the teacher to arrive within 5 minutes on either side of the scheduled lesson time. (i.e. if your lesson time is at 3:30, expect your teacher between 3:25 and 3:35).
- Many students have plans for National holidays, so we take them off as well. You can find our exact schedule here.
- Lesson payment is made monthly through pre-authorized credit card. All payments are processed on the 1st of the month in which the lessons are scheduled.
- If a student wishes to discontinue their lessons, they are required to provide 30-days notice.
- There is a yearly admin/registration fee of $25. This helps to cover the cost of the student binders; photocopies and handouts; and recitals throughout the year.
- Any music books that the teacher recommends are additional cost, and can be purchased through your local musical instrument retailer.
RESOUND hires only the finest teachers available, accepting less than 3% of teachers who apply. Teachers are vetted based on experience, education, and – most importantly – their ability to TEACH (not just play great music). We guarantee that we will find the right teacher for you. If you are not satisfied with your lessons at any time, we will work within your schedule and ours to find the right one for you.
If you try us out and, for any reason, don’t feel that we are the right fit you – you will be reimbursed for your first lesson and given our best wishes.