Resound School of Music is hiring drum teachers in all our locations throughout Metro Vancouver. We are looking for teachers who share our passion and enthusiasm for teaching music. If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Drum teachers at Resound are responsible for teaching private drum lessons to students in the comfort of their homes. Lessons vary from 30 to 60 minutes in length, and will cover a wide range of topics, including proper percussion techniques, rhythm and performance, among others.
Teachers are responsible for commuting by car to their student's homes to teach the lessons as scheduled. They are expected to prepare lesson plans for each student based on their unique goals and interests in order to keep them motivated to continue learning to play the drums.
- A high level of proficiency on the drums
- Versatile in a variety of different music styles, including pop, rock, blues, and jazz
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to their lessons
- No criminal background. All teachers will be subject to an RCMP criminal background check prior to being hired
- High school diploma is required for this position
- Post-secondary education or equivalent is preferred
- A positive, fun, and enthusiastic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Ability to connect with a wide range of students of different ages and backgrounds
- High standards of professionalism and professional ethics
- Responsiveness to work-related emails and phone calls
- A love and passion for teaching music!
Hourly wages range from $35-$40 per teaching hour (plus travel bonuses). We determine hourly rate based on education level, teaching experience, duration with the company, and job performance. We believe in promoting from within and provide opportunities for growth and advancement for those who demonstrate the right characteristics.