Resound School of Music is always on the lookout for amazing violin teachers to join our growing team. We are seeking passionate instructors with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with students of all ages and backgrounds!
Violin teachers are responsible for teaching private violin lessons, ranging from 30 to 60 minutes each. As we are an at-home music school, teachers are responsible for commuting by car to their students' homes to conduct the scheduled violin lessons.
Teachers are to plan violin lessons in relation to their individual students' goals and interests. Additionally, they are expected to communicate with their students and their parents about their progress, and help prepare students for performances, exams, auditions, and competitions.
Teachers are responsible for commuting by car to their student\'s homes to teach the lessons as scheduled. They are expected to prepare lesson plans for each student based on their unique goals and interests in order to keep them motivated to continue learning.
- A high level of proficiency on the violin
- Versatile in a variety of different styles
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to their lessons
- No criminal background. All teachers will be subject to an RCMP criminal background check prior to being hired
- High school diploma is required for this position
- Post-secondary education or equivalent is preferred
- A positive, fun, and enthusiastic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Ability to connect with a wide range of students of different ages and backgrounds
- High standards of professionalism and professional ethics
- Responsiveness to work-related emails and phone calls
- A love and passion for teaching music!
Hourly wages range from $40-$45 per teaching hour (plus travel bonuses). We determine hourly rate based on education level, teaching experience, duration with the company, and job performance. We believe in promoting from within and provide opportunities for growth and advancement for those who demonstrate the right characteristics.