Resound School of Music is on the hunt for more awesome voice teachers to join our school. We are seeking passionate instructors with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with students of all ages and backgrounds! Connect and inspire a future generation of musicians with your love of music.
Voice teachers are responsible for teaching private voice lessons, ranging from 30 to 60 minutes each. Because we are an at-home music school, teachers are responsible for commuting by car to their students' homes to conduct the scheduled voice lessons.
Voice lessons will span an array of topics, including proper vocal warmups, breathing technique, increasing vocal range and control, as well as repertoire and developing confidence with performing on-stage. Teachers are expected to communicate expectations to their students surrounding practicing, and keep parents informed of their children's progress on a regular basis.
- A high level of technical ability and vocal skill
- Ability to teach voice in a variety of musical styles
- Ability to play another musical instrument is an asset - piano, guitar, violin, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to lessons.
- Singer-songwriters are encouraged to apply!
- High school diploma is required for this position
- Post-secondary education or equivalent is preferred
- A positive, fun, and enthusiastic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Ability to connect with a wide range of students of different ages and backgrounds
- High standards of professionalism and professional ethics
- Responsiveness to work-related emails and phone calls
- A love and passion for teaching music!
Our starting rate ranges from $41.00-$46.00 per hour (plus an additional $5.00-$10.00 travel bonus for in-home lessons). Hourly rate is determined based on education level, teaching experience, duration with the company, and job performance. We also believe in promoting from within and provide opportunities for growth and advancement for those who demonstrate the right characteristics.