Resound School of Music is on the hunt for more awesome voice teachers to join our school in 2019. Connect and inspire a future generation of musicians with your love of music. Contact us today to set up an interview. We would love to hear from you!
Our voice teachers provide the highest quality vocal instruction to students from the comfort of their homes. Responsibilities include traveling to the homes of our students to conduct the lessons, and creating weekly lesson plans that are tailored to their students’ specific goals and interests.
Voice lessons will span an array of topics, including proper vocal warmups, breathing technique, increasing vocal range and control, as well as repertoire and developing confidence with performing on-stage. Teachers are expected to communicate expectations to their students surrounding practicing, and keep parents informed of their children’s progress on a regular basis.
• A high level of technical ability and vocal skill
• Ability to teach both classical and contemporary styles
• Ability to teach another musical instrument is an asset – piano, guitar, violin, etc.
• Must have a valid BC driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to their lessons
• Singer-songwriters are encouraged to apply.
• High school diploma is required for this position
• Post-secondary education or equivalent is preferred
• A positive, fun, and enthusiastic personality
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
• Ability to connect with a wide range of students of different ages and backgrounds
• High standards of professionalism and professional ethics
• Responsiveness to work-related emails and phone calls
• A love and passion for teaching music!
Hourly wages range from $30-$40 per teaching hour, based on education level, teaching experience, duration with the company, and job performance. We believe in promoting from within and provide opportunities for growth and advancement for those who demonstrate the right characteristics.