Updated: June 8, 2020
Returning to In-Home Music Lessons
We’ve had a lot of questions regarding our plan to resume in-home lessons. We have been keeping a close eye on the situation surrounding COVID-19 in BC, and while it appears that our province has done a good job in “flattening the curve”, we must remain diligent in our efforts to prevent a second wave of the virus hitting our community.
With that said, we are optimistic about the future and continuing to serve you and your families. Below is an outline of our plans surrounding resuming your in-home music lessons.
June 1st – August 31st
During the summer months, we will be taking a cautious approach to slowly returning to in-home music lessons:
- Online music lessons will continue as scheduled for most Resound music students
- We will slowly be re-integrating in-home lessons on a case by case basis, with written consent from both parents and teachers. You can submit a request to resume your in-home lessons by emailing us at [email protected].
- In our efforts to avoid large gatherings, our upcoming summer music recital will be hosted online over Zoom. For more details on our upcoming online music recital, visit resoundschool.com/recitals.
September 1st – onwards
Assuming the risk for infection remains low throughout the summer months, we will be moving forward with the following in the fall:
- Full return to in-home music lessons, while continuing to offer online lessons
- Reopening of group classes, School of Rock sessions, etc.
Please note that these items may be subject to change. Since things can change so rapidly, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and adapt accordingly to protect our students and our teachers.
Some Additional Considerations
If you are considering a return to in-home music lessons this summer, please know that we may be limiting requests depending on the following criteria:
- If you or someone in your household has exhibited cold or flu-like symptoms within the past 30 days
- If you or someone in your household has recently travelled out of the country within the past 14 days
- If you are planning to visit any health care or assisted living facilities, or if there is someone in your home who is considered in a “high-risk” category for COVID-19
For those of you that have been approved to return to in-home lessons this summer, we kindly ask that you take the following precautions:
- Practicing good hygiene, including regular hand washing, not touching your face, etc.
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, such as piano keys
- Avoiding hand-shaking or hugs outside of your family
- Maintaining physical distancing as much as possible and consider wearing a mask or face covering
Continuing to Serve You
We’ve had to make a lot of sacrifices over the past several months to protect our community from further infection. We understand that it hasn’t always been easy, but know that we’re here to help if you ever have any questions or concerns. We will continue to serve you remotely so please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] and we will respond to you within 1 business day.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy,
Resound School of Music