At Resound School of Music, we are so privileged to have the opportunity to serve customers just like you. We often get questions surrounding our school policies so we’ve included them below. We have tried to keep things simple, but if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’d be happy to answer them.
- Registration is open all year round, so you can sign up for music lessons at any time.
- We offer a risk-free guarantee on your first month of lessons, so you can discontinue at any time if you are not completely satisfied with your experience. After your first month of lessons, we then require 30-days notice in writing to discontinue.
- Scheduling priority is given on a first-come-first-served basis.
Scheduling and Cancellations
- Lessons are scheduled to recur on the same day and time every week, except on stat holidays and during Winter Break. Once you have confirmed your lesson time with us, that weekly time slot will be reserved for you in your teacher’s schedule.
- If you need to cancel an upcoming lesson, please use our online cancellation form at resoundschool.com/cancel/. Completing this form will ensure the fastest response, as it will immediately notify your teacher of your cancellation by both phone and email. Please note that we do not offer refunds for missed lessons; however if you have provided your teacher with at least 24 hours notice, you are eligible for 1 of 2 allowable make-up lessons per school year.
- If a student forgets about a lesson and is not at home at the scheduled lesson time, the teacher will remain and wait at the student’s home for half of the length of the lesson before leaving. If the student arrives within that time, the teacher will teach the remainder of the lesson. Otherwise, the lesson is considered a “no-show” and will be forfeited. We do not provide refunds or credits for “no-show” cancellations.
- In the rare event that a teacher is not able to teach a scheduled lesson due to illness, traffic, extreme weather, etc., we will work to schedule a make-up lesson for another time at your convenience.
- If you wish to request time off from lessons for Spring Break, Summer Break, or vacations, we require 30-days notice in writing to [email protected] to avoid being billed for those dates. If 30-days notice is not provided to book time off, it will be considered a cancellation and a make-up lesson will be offered (assuming at least 24 hours notice is given).
- Due to the nature of traveling between students’ homes, please prepare for the teacher to arrive within 5 minutes on either side of the scheduled lesson time. (i.e. if your lesson time is at 3:30, you can expect your teacher to arrive anytime between 3:25 and 3:35)
- Many students have plans on statutory holidays, so we take them off as well. Lessons that fall on stat holidays are cancelled and will resume as usual the following week. Please note that students are not billed for any lessons that fall on a statutory holiday. You can find the full holiday schedule in our school calendar.
During the Lesson
- A parent/guardian or other adult (18+) must be home for the entire duration of all lessons involving minors. If an adult is not present, the teacher is required to leave and that lesson is considered a “no-show”. Parents are welcome but not required to observe any or all of the lessons at their discretion.
- For the safety of both our students and teachers, we have an “open-door” policy, requiring there to be an open door or unobstructed entryway to whichever room the lessons are taking place.
- As a mobile music school, our teachers must adhere to a strict schedule and driving route. In order to arrive at their next lesson on-time, teachers must leave as soon as each lesson has finished. If you need to speak with the teacher for any reason, it must be done so prior to the end of the scheduled visit and is included as part of the lesson time.
- Music lessons are pre-paid at the beginning of each month and is set up through pre-authorized credit card. We accept, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit. Payments will be processed on the 1st day of each month for all lessons scheduled in that month. Once payment has been made, you will be emailed a receipt for the transaction. Payment is then scheduled to cycle again each month unless you have notified us otherwise 30 days in advance.
- Monthly tuition is based on the number of lessons scheduled to occur in that month. While most months will have 4 lessons, this number can fluctuate between 3-5 lessons, depending on the month.
- If a student wishes to discontinue their music lessons, we require 30-days notice in writing to [email protected]. Any scheduled lessons within that time will be charged as usual.
- There is an annual registration fee of $35 per student. This helps to cover the cost of student binders, photocopies, and recitals throughout the year.
- Any music books or supplies that the teacher recommends are an additional cost, and can be purchased online or from a local music store.